PERMANENT RESIDENT IN QUALITY OF NATIONAL FOREIGNERS OF SPECIFIC COUNTRIES THAT MAINTAIN FRIENDLY RELATIONS, ECONOMIC INVESTMENT PROFESSIONALS WITH THE REPUBLIC OF PANAMA.
Permanent residence permits are granted to foreigners who establish professional and economic relations with Panama, and this can be mainly due to starting a new business, or buying an existing business or being hired to work in a Panamanian company.
- First Option : The applicant to maintain economic activities means that he has a company in Panama or a new firm that is doing business in Panama. Foreigners in Panama are not allowed to establish a retail business in Panama.
- Second Option : is to prove the professional activity, this means that the applicant is employed in a Panamanian company or society, has a work permit and is enrolled in the Social Security system. Additionally, a proof of income must be attached, which will be provided by the employer, as well as other probative documents of such economic activities.
Foreigners will not be allowed to practice in some areas such as: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Lawyers, Architects, Engineers, among others.
The countries that can opt for this permanent residence are:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Israel , Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay.
Time of stay in Panama:
To obtain temporary residence, the following presence in Panama is required:
- Initial visit: from 5 to 15 business days , the duration depends on the specific situation, what needs to be done. As a result, the applicant can withdraw with the permanent residence procedure card (of course, only if all the requirements are met).
- Second visit: 2-3 days, after 2-3 months . As a result, the applicant can withdraw with the permanent residence card and the resolution issued by the national migration service.
- Third visit: 2-3 days, after one month . The applicant may obtain a Panamanian identity card as a foreigner.
Document for each applicant:
- Verification of criminal records (police record) apostilled or duly authenticated by the respective Embassy / Consulate of Panama.
- Passport. The legalization will be done in Panama.
- Five (5) photos of passport size.
- The applicant must have a bank account that establishes an average of four average figures (USD5000.00) or higher in the case of dependents (two thousand dollars USD2000.00 for each dependent).
Documents by Dependents (Spouse Children):
1. Spouse: marriage certificate apostilled or authenticated by the respective Embassy / Consulate of Panama.
2. Child <18 years: birth certificate apostilled or authenticated by the respective Embassy / Consulate of Panama.
3. Child> 18 years: a certification from the authority in your country that you are not married apostilled or authenticated by the respective Embassy / Consulate of Panama.
4. Verification of criminal records (police record) apostilled or authenticated.